Saturday, September 18, 2010

Still coming along...

Decisions, decisions. I hate these decisions. After a wonderful and much needed crit/art talk tonight, I am faced with more of them. The thought of when to stop was a major theme. Take this piece for example. The bust is almost complete, the figure is getting there, the face is close to done (just needs hair and eyebrows, my least favorite part), and yet the background is entirely schizophrenic. On one hand, I could furnish this room...painstakingly so, so there's no real room for interpretation. The style is completely uniform and the viewer doesn't have to think much. OR. I could leave it a little more open for interpretation, add some visual interest without adding too much. But this could look sloppy. So...the question is, how will it succeed? How much is too much? How little is too little? When will I truly be done with any of these?!
...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment