Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Homeless - Finished Product

I've had a lot of frustrations with this painting. But, thankfully, I've finally learned to work through those instead of not paying attention to it for months, forgetting the color combinations and having dried chunky paint that cannot be re-worked. As of tonight, I'm calling it done. I like it. I've been trying to have some areas of my compositions be out of control (well, not IN control, so out of control for me). This means much looser brushstrokes and one way to express this is playing with depth of field. In a photograph, if the foreground is in focus, the background is usually a bit blurry, and vis versa. I've been trying to incorporate this... I feel that so far it's successful. It's also been incredibly liberating for me to not be 100% detailed in every corner of the painting. So...to sum up: I'm done with this painting. I like it.

Here are some in progress shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment