Monday, March 23, 2009

Cantina Laredo

Who would have ever thought that I'd find an amazing authentic Mexican restaurant in the Bible Belt?  The Cantina Laredo is just that.  Located in the "Historic Downtown" of Branson, far away from Dick Clark's neon face, the Cantina is surrounded by an outdoor mall on the river.  No meal can start better than with fresh guacamole made at your table.  Then the enchiladas Veracruz were fabulous topped with the best rice I've ever had.  I think that Katie and I decided we'll be eating there everynight!  Plus, a server was making "Mexican Coffee" (pictured) which you could smell from across the place-delish.  
Today went by very fast, thankfully, there was a lot of work to do.  Throughout the week of configuration, I think it will be this way.  The hotel is crazy.  And there's no exercise room which is a travesty to my work-out plans...I might actually have to go for a run...in Branson. The good news is that it's not nearly as bad as what I had heard/was expecting.  Everything is super cheesy here, but I'm going to make the most of it.  I'm going to Dolly Parton's Dixie Roundup and the Titanic museum.  Oh and I'm totally going minigolfing at the place with the big pirate ship.  Hells yes.  Now, don't all volunteer at once, but who wants to come visit??? :-)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is Mexican there?!?! I AM ON MY WAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy is soooooooo silly!! lol It sounds like fun! But honestly, no gym? No Tyra? What gives???!!! Branson needs to get it together!! ;D So how is it? Anyone treating you like the one with all the answers yet?

    ReplyDelete