Tuesday, August 23, 2011

OK, so I love acrylic...

As I've finished 3 more acrylic pieces (below), I realize that I never really gave acrylic a fair shot. I got frustrated quickly and sought relief in oil. Graciously, oil accepted my advances and there was no need to turn back. Until. I forced it. And while general skin and some modeling has been difficult, I fell in love with acrylic while working on the fabric for my "Sleep" piece. I couldn't be happier with how it looks, and it was truly enjoyable.

Basic Need : Physical : Sleep - inspired by a lion snoozing at the zoo, a piece at the MNBA (El Reposo - Eduardo Schiaffino), and a local facade
Basic Need : Emotional : Community - inspired by packs of animals & the stenciled street art in Bs As
Basic Need : Physiological : Communication - poses are based on a meerkat (L) and monkey (R) - close up, there is text in the background

My goal as of now (Tuesday) is to have a total of 15. This means starting and finishing 2 more pieces for the show Saturday. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

1 comment: