Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 23, 27 & 28 - 8 Hours

Background detail
 Lapse in blogging/lapse in motivation.  It's not that I don't have an incredible amount of stress motivation to finish my portfolio by the quickly approaching deadlines...because I do.  Life is starting to really conflict with studio time, and the unfortunate reality of having a time-consuming full time job is leaving me exhausted these days.  I'm trying to channel my undergrad lifestyle of going to class, working 8 hours and then going back to the studio for hours before sleeping for a few hours and repeating the same thing the next day.  Perhaps I'm getting to old for that?  Forcing myself to go to the studio is only half the battle; I have to make some progress too!

Soundtrack - Bear in Heaven (I Love You, It's Cool), Death Cab for Cutie (Transatlanticism), Amanda Palmer (Theatre is Evil), The Shins (Chutes Too Narrow), Gary Clark Jr. (Blak and Blu), Dry the River (Shallow Bed), Cat Power (Sun), Local Natives (Gorilla Manor), Washed Out (Within and Without)

Piece(s) worked on - Syndee; building/stretching/priming new canvases

I've always shied from landscapes because I'm simply not interested in painting leaves/trees/water, etc.  When something is difficult, it's a good challenge -- this is one of the reasons that I love painting the face.  So the challenge of a lake scene was...challenging...but also really frustrating and time consuming.  However, I'm very pleased with the outcome and how impressionistic it ended up being.

Background is finally finished!
Not a happy brush anymore - I am way too rough with these delicate instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment