Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7 - 2.5 Hours

Friday - Work.  This first work week of my 2+ hours/day in studio has been...exhausting.  But oh oh oh so rewarding.  Yesterday I took my one alloted evening off and went to see the MIA's Rembrandt show.  It was ridiculously crowded and filled in with non-Rembrandt works, but it was also awesome.  It's amazing how much we can learn from simply looking and examining.  I'm sure much more could be learned through instruction by the master himself, but as he's dead...well, I'll take what I can get.

Soundtrack - David Byrne & St. Vincent (Love This Giant), Fleetwood Mac (Rumors), Deerhunter (Halcyon Digest), and Grizzly Bear (Shields)

Piece(s) worked on - Nik.  My goal is to be done by the end of the weekend.  Experimenting with new trying-to-be-more-Remrandt-y techniques, I had a very successful night.  

Side note -- I'm really enjoying painting beards.

No comments:

Post a Comment